00:01:18 minute preview discussing how a label picks radio singles. Sign up to watch the full 1:20:00.
FREE Training With 30-year SONY Music Executive
How to Get Your Artists Music on Radio and Playlists
This is a free resource and credit card is NOT required. By opting in, you agree to receive emails from smartistU. You can unsubscribe at any time.
What You Will Learn
- How A Major Label Will Find You If You Have A “Streaming Story”
- If Getting Signed To A Label Is Important
- 360 Deals, What They Are, How They Are Less Relevant Today
- If Live Performance Numbers Matter to Labels Or Radio
- When An Artist Or A Label Has An Issue With Each Other
- How A Label Picks Radio Singles
- The Timing Of Releasing Singles To Streaming Vs. Radio
- Digital Distributors Through Labels (eg AWOL via Warner)
- Singles Regularly Vs. Album Then Singles
- What You Say To Radio To Get Your Music Heard And Added
- Press And Print Reviews And Their Influence On Radio
- How To Find Radio + Streaming Promoters
- And so much more
About Your Hosts
A 30-year veteran of SONY Music, Warren Copnick joined BMG Music Canada in the summer of 1990 following his education at Loyalist College and positions at St. Lawrence Broadcasting, Quinte Broadcasting, and The Handleman Company Canada.
First hired as a customer service representative, Warren has since held several positions, including Sales Representative, Regional Promotion Rep, Manager of National Promotion, and most recently Director of National Promotion.
He is currently responsible for the creation and implementation of all radio airplay and promotional strategies as well as overseeing his national team of promotion representatives. In addition to leading SONY Music’s national airplay team in 2014, he became responsible for SONY Canada’s domestic A&R team.
Jamie New is a music business book author and the founder of smartistU, the world’s largest platform for music management and industry professionals.
Jamie got her start in artist management running the Music Managers Forum Canada (one of a collective of over 50 around the world) and has since spent her career as an artist manager, project manager, and marketer for music festivals, media outlets, non-profits, record labels, and management companies of new artists to GRAMMY and JUNO Award-winning artists.
Through smartistU, her teaching roles in 2 Toronto colleges, her book, blog, courses, digital products, and magazine, Jamie has taught hundreds of thousands of industry novices and professionals how to develop successful artists & businesses.